Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Long Multiplication

We are working on long multiplication with decimals in the classroom for math this week.  Many students are struggling with this concept due to not remembering how to perform the algorythm.  Below are two short videos from "Teacher Tube" that demonstrate how to solve these types of problems.  Please view them if you are struggling with getting the correct answers.
Please comment below if you viewed these videos! :))
Good luck-
Mrs. Wagner  :)




This second video shows multiplying with decimals.  It's a bit longer, but I like it because she starts off easy and then each problem gets more challenging.  If you're struggling with harder problems they are towards the middle of the video.


11 comments:

M4 said...

I really liked the video

K18 said...

Mrs. Wagner, the videos were really helpful and I think I might understand the multiplying decimals more now. Thanks for posting the them!

B2 said...

it kinda looks like shes doeing it in a different way. but it still works.

B14 said...

it is very helpful!!

H22 said...

Thanks for putting the videos up it helped me alot more

H17 said...

I love that video really cool to help you

z15 said...

the videos helped alot

G7 said...

Mrs.Wagner thanks for putting up th videos those haelped me alitle more and I gess that they do it alitle different on the videos but It Helped Me Alot!!!.....Thanks

G7 said...

Mrs.Wagner thanks for putting up the videos they helped me alot although I gess that they do it alitle different....But It Did Helped me alot....Thanks

I25 said...

Mrs.Wagner thanks for putting up the videos it really did help to understand long multiplacation alot more although the 2nd video was a bit longer than the first video

A12 said...

Thank you for posting these! Before, I thought that I knew almost everything about long multiplication and rounding and estimating decimals. But now that i saw these videos, they have proven me wrong.