Monday, April 23, 2012

Pennies for Pasta


This school year, our Kid City Council sponsored a program called "Pennies for Pasta."  This program is run by the Olive Garden Restaurant. (click here for a  link) The goal of the program is to collect pennies and loose change to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. 
This program really caught on like wildfire in our classroom.  The positive energy it created among the students was amazing.  Each morning I watched in awe as ziplock baggies, small containers and the program provided boxes came in full of change.  It became a "free time activity" to count the change.  Each total brought more excitement.  :)
I'm proud to say that our class raised $213.75!!!!!
While I don't know if we were the top collecting class in our building, I do know how proud I am of these wonderful fifth graders.  I hope they realize the difference they've made by donating to this organization. (They actually brought me to tears on Friday morning) Whether they win the pasta party or not, they are all winners for spreading positive energy and supporting childhood cancer and Leukemia.
Thank you for all you've done!
Love,
Mrs. Wagner :)

1 comment:

h17 said...

wow that is alot of money we are a team if we were not a team we would not have raise that much thats why we are a team together!!!